A compliation of your finished projects by Nicole
You guys! What an incredible response to our new Camas top! We are already getting lots of photos of completed tops so I am just going to dive right in:
1. Over at Cookin’ and Craftin’ you will find a lovely bunch of photos of this Mod flower Camas top (by the way, floral Camas blouses get bonus points since Camas is a kind of meadow flower!). This Camas features a sturdy knit for the placket and yoke- a great way to skip interfacing!
2. If one were going to be married in a Camas Blouse, surely it would be this pearl buttoned, lacy yoked, soft white dream from Couture In Love (as seen on Instagram):
3. Deadly Craft made a sleeveless version for the Australian heat- but sequinned for the holiday season. Look how lovely the back drape is when it’s tucked in.
4. I did a triple-take when I first saw Elena’s Camas top with the bird hanging out on her– was that photoshopped?? Nope, really a bird, and really a lovely top. She shortened the sleeves which looks really flattering, and the snaps are a great touch. Elena also went two sizes smaller to get the fit she prefers, so it’s worth exploring the finished garment measurements (provided in the pattern) to get the fit you want.
5. The first woven Camas we’ve seen so far came from Amy and Tasha at Friends Stitched Together. This would be a great post to read if you are considering using a woven fabric instead of a knit.
6. And Finally, wise words from Gallomane at Threads and Needles: ‘à refaire des miliers de fois!” (To be made thousands of times!)
Whew- six gorgeous new tops for hard working sewists! It is so fun to see how people change the pattern after Morgan sends it out into the world- shortening or removing sleeves, adding snaps, using wovens. It will be exciting and inspiring to see all the ways people continue to customize their Camas tops!